Okay … let me be honest … I’m completely aware that my blog is whacky, random, and unplanned. I’m aware that my posts break rules that professional bloggers recommend a writer follow if they want to build a substantial following. I know what I should be doing. I’m just not doing it.
I’m going to confess my blogging sins now.
- I don’t spend hours trying to write seductive subject lines meant to entice you to read each and every one of my posts.
- I don’t spend hours trying to make the content of any given post so life-altering and earth-shattering that you run right out and share it with all of your friends and family.
- I don’t spend hours worrying that I’m not making money on this blog or that it’s unlikely that I ever will.
- I don’t always carefully consider each word I write.
- I don’t always succeed when I try to edit my posts because my brain tends to see what it thinks is there rather than what is actually there. When my brain is tired (as it is right now), my editor shuts down more than usual and my editing-sins skyrocket.
- Share thoughts and doodles that I’ve sprawled in my notebooks.
- Share thoughts that have captured my attention.
- Share silly bits of almost-humor.
- Share a few things that have happened to me.
- Share some things that bother me.
- Share things I’m excited about.
- Share who I am. Sometimes.
Life Muses by Ro is not a business blog. Life Muses by Ro is a personal blog and since I’m generally whacky, random, and unplanned when it comes to my personal life, it makes sense that this blog would be that way, too.
This blog is me saying, “Oh hey…people … I’m over here. You’re over there. Isn’t it cool that somehow, in this huge world filled with billions of folks, our paths have crossed?”
I’m a sinner, folks, in more ways than one. Being a blogger-who-knows-better-but-doesn’t-do-better-in-this-blog sinner is who I am at the moment.
I’m sorry if I’ve disappointed you by confessing these particular sins to you, but hey – after the past few months of madness and mayhem I’ve lived through, I’m ready to lay it all out on the table so that you won’t be surprised but what you see in my bloggy home from now on.
They say that confession is good for the soul. What do you think? Is it or isn’t it?